Core Values for Leaders
“The Lord is with you, O valiant warrior.”
1. FAITH WORKING THROUGH LOVE
- Our Father and His Presence are valued above all. We are led, fashioned and directed in all by Him. We follow His Presence.
- We seek to know His Love and gain revelation of His covenant with us.
- We grow in His love for us.
- We seek passionately for His Love to move through us. As leaders we model His love in and through us.
- We honor the LORD and so worship is our joy. Honor is an expression of our value system and His covenant values.
- Our quest is to honor one another above ourselves.
- We practice honor by honoring each other intentionally
- We honor leaders in all spheres even outside the “church walls”
- Leaders should always tithe and give but we seek to do this through an inward motive to honor the Father and one another.
- We seek to be one with the LORD and with one another.
- We agree to not violate the integrity of one another through speech or action.
- We seek to celebrate one another by fasting from divisiveness and all forms of malice.
4. CHARACTER ABOVE GIFTING
- Our model for character is Jesus. We look to Him above personality or gifting qualities.
- Character is usually developed through tribulation and expressed through perseverance. (Romans 5) We commit to loving one another by encouraging character.
- We agree to love through accountability.
- Accountability is not expressed through hierarchy but through relational integrity.
- We agree to be accountable in our process of maturing.
6. EMPOWERING GREATNESS
- Our individual calls and the development will always happen through the context of the body of Christ. Greatness and destiny do not happen through isolation.
- We will always honor and make way for gifts in the body and learn to be corporate in our expression within the body.
7. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- The maturing process means I own and take responsibility for myself and my call.
- We will grow in seeking to overcome the fear of failure or being wrong.
8. NOT BY MIGHT BUT BY POWER
- Prayer before results
- Growing to know, honor, and be led by His Presence
- Allowing Him to reveal and touch our weaknesses (all the way to the cross)
- His agenda trumps ours always
9. DARING TO REACH DESTINY
- We agree to risk.
- Destiny happens outside the borders of our comfort zone.
10. TO BE KINGDOM TRANSFORMERS
- We seek first His Kingdom and His values (righteousness). All else is His business.
- We are His royal sons and daughters. The earth is our inheritance.
We are commissioned as His heirs to see His Kingdom come into the earth.
- Since our Father is King we pray (get His counsel) first and act the obedience afterwards.
- We honor Christ’s five-fold equipping functions in His church so that we mature and well represent Him.